Friday, August 21, 2009

Commission

I love doing commission work because it makes me think in ways different than I would under ordinary circumstances. When Peggy and Larry asked me about doing a strawberry, I wasn't too sure - but doing the "patch" proved to be lots of fun. This is about 12" w and sits nicely without an added base.

I am recovering nicely from my hip replacement - at 2 weeks I am walking around on my own and off the pain meds. It's good to be back in the studio where I am at work on a couple of tall Iris pieces - one of old fashioned brown iris and one in purple/blue.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this! I wish I could see it in person! I would have buckled under the pressure....a strawberry patch on a gourd, never would have envisioned how it could be done...but of course you pulled it off, and how!!! Nice work Whitney, glad you are doing well after surgery!!!!

    ReplyDelete